From Dave Black Online:
In my morning devotions/Bible study I was struck by Jesus’ statement that He did not come to bring peace but a sword (Matt. 10:34). Jesus is the Great Divider. He divides the world into saved and lost. He divides homes based on loyalty to Him. His Word is sharper than a two-edged sword.
1) Traditions (church or family) must never be more important to me than the Gospel.
2) Unity among believers brings people to Christ.
3) Out of our commitment to Him must flow our commitment to the world.
4) We must not divide when Christ unites.
5) We must divide when Christ divides.
6) The lost are just that — lost. Apart from a new birth, our non-Christian friends are doomed to everlasting darkness.
7) The lost are vulnerable to love.
8) Pray, pray, PRAY! Evangelism is the work of God. It’s successful only when He is involved.
Jesus divides the lost from the saved, but that does not mean He is not interested in saving them. I want to be as intentional as Jesus was in “seeking and saving that which is lost.”